Thursday, September 19, 2013

Millions of questions, questions for me

I'm pretty open about my anxiety and my depression, why hide the truth when everyone already knows? Last night at dinner we were sitting around and I was taking about how I would be going to work late because I had a doctor's appointment. 

Well this spurred a series of 20 questions from the kids. They are the only ones who I haven't really opened up to about this. 

I explained to them that I have to take a pill everyday so that I'm not so sad and to help me not be nervous all the time. They of course asked why I felt this way.( I ask myself this all the time. )

They kind of have a better understanding why I have to take a pill every day to be happy. I wish if didn't have to do this, but sometimes a little help IS needed. 

I'm thankful that I was able to open up to them and make it to where they could understand what depression is. I would hate to go back to the dark place I was once at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment