Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Anybody have thoughts they can share?

I'm in the market for a reasonably priced laptop.

Here's what I am looking for:

Small and portable
Blogging
Reading material on Blackboard
YouTube Videos
Typing notes for classes

Basically with being an adjunct instructor I need something that I can take with me between home and the classroom to work on my lesson plans, grading, writing emails to my students, but I also need something that I can rely on to work on the classes that I am taking. I need something that won't take 20 minutes to switch from page to page.

I've been looking at the chromebook that is out right now. I like the pricetag of this acer at $199

But.....
I love the sleek look of this chromebook by Samsung. It's not TOO much more ($249) than the Acer, but it's lighter and would be perfect for portability.



Of course i would love to be able to have the MacBook Air
Product Image
I just can't fathom spending $1000 right now. Not like my budget would ever allow me to ever do it. It's just one of those bucket list items that I like to drool over.

Can anyone give any input on the chromebooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment