Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five For Friday!

This week has been long. But I have pushed through and I'm out on top this week.

Take that crappy days!

Even though the early part of this week started out pretty crappy, I made the best of it and I'm still smiling today. The kids are adjusting more smoothly this week and Tracey was accepted into another art program at school. I'm super proud mom for her being recognized in her artwork. Dustin and I are getting more involved with Meagan so that she's not so bored after school, this is helping with her energy that's built up. And the kids got to talk to their mom after not hearing from her in over a month.

With all of that being said here is MY High Five for Friday:
1.
My Birchbox came in on Wednesday and I got a new nail polish in it. It's not my normal pink, coral, red combination that I generally gravitate towards. But I'm kind of digging the purple. It's unexpected and it adds a different kind of pop in color.













2.
 The other day after I had a vent session with my mom she gave me a stack of coupons. I LOVE get really super excited use coupons with every grocery trip. If I don't have a coupon, I will buy generic or find something else that is on sale. Well anyways, I very rarely go out to eat for breakfast. It's just one of those things that I generally pass up to save a couple of dollars here and there. Anyways, my mom had tucked in a couple of additional coupons for a free Wendy's breakfast combo meal. I tried it out yesterday and was not let down. It was a great start to the day!








3.
 I'm addicted to the sample boxes. I hate going to the store and buying make up. It's one of those things that I never got super excited about. With Ipsy, Birchbox, and Beauty Box 5 they have been doing the dirty work for me. I got my Ipsy box yesterday in the mail and I couldn't wait to try out three of the items in the box. What you see is a white/cream eyeshadow, a nice smooth eye liner, and new mascara. I'm digging all three and I think that it makes my eyes pop a little more. I also used the eye smoothing and soothing cream that came in my Beauty Box 5. Not 100% sold on it yet, I think I'll be able to give a more accurate description next week.






4.
 I have been feeling cramped at work lately. I'm in an extremely small office with a co-worker. While we work in an office that is surrounded by windows, we have to keep the blinds shut. Prime example as to why. The other day we were having a conversation and she looks over and says "D look behind you." Of course I'm going to look behind me and sure enough a sight that CANNOT be unseen. Right there in plain sight was an older gentleman taking a poop. YES POOP!!!!! Right outside my window. I was mortified. I banged on the window and that startled him even more. I seriously think I may have scared the poop out of him even more. He scurried and tried to pull up his pants, which were covered in fecal matter. Not really sure if that was there before or after he was seen. The joys of working at a community college in the heart of downtown. Needless to say, the rearrangement of the office now provides me a better view AND it has opened up the office some more so it doesn't look as small.

5.
                                                                                                    This booklet right here has been a huge stressor in my life this week. As part of our teaching curriculum we had to incorporate a section of financial literacy into our coursework. HOLY CRAP this was the worst section of my life! Not only am I not comfortable about teaching captial, savings, credit cards (I'm paying off debts from my own stupidity from when I graduated college) but there is NO interesting way to make this information fun to learn this stuff. I made powerpoints and incorporated activities and tried to keep the classes engaged, but it was hard. Yesterday we wrapped up our lectures on this material and I can finally breathe again. THANK YOU JEEBUS!!!!





Overall it's been a fairly slow week, just feels like it's taken forever to get to Friday. But today is here and we are going to have absolutely AMAZING weather this weekend. Have a fabulous time ya'll.                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment