Friday, August 9, 2013

The Big Chop

For a few weeks now I've been back and forth debating on getting a substantial haircut, and not just a trim or shape up for my hair. It's the longest that it has ever been.
I have a tattoo on my back and I would use that to gauge how long my hair had gotten. There was maybe an inch of my tattoo that wasn't covered at the bottom. With everything that's been going on the past few weeks and trying to prepare getting ready to start the school year, my mind was made up. I was going to go in for a big chop. I had a style in mind so I sent it to my stylist to see what her thoughts on the cut were. I needed that reinforcement to remind me that I'm not losing my mind. I kind of am because I just chopped off 8 INCHES off! Look at all that hair! I was proud of how good I kept it looking. But the downfall with all that hair, is that it is SO heavy and thick. I would have to sleep with it in a ponytail or a bun just so I would end up with a massive hair ball in my face. It had also gotten to the point where I was rolling my hair up in my window when I was driving. 

Going back to the school prep....I needed a hair cut that I could get ready super quick and easy because it's not just going to be myself getting ready in the mornings. I'm going to have to get myself and two squirrels ready and out the door before their bus comes. 

So I settled on a popular hair style-the graduated bob. I think I was in shock for the first day or so. I had just cut all my hair off. I had to retrain myself on how to rock short hair. But without further ado....I present to you.....my "new mommy-ish" hair cut 
It's a very flattering cut and I love the ease that comes with it. I'm definitely ready to rock this school year as a "parent" this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment