Friday, August 30, 2013

High five for Friday

Happy Friday! Man it is blazin hot here in the bluegrass state. Today we have an quality alert for sensitive groups. Shoo wee! This week has been running much smoother than last week. I give mad props to an amazing better half who helps pick me up when I need it the most. 

Without further ado here's my shout outs for the week! 
1. 
I woke up with plenty of time to get myself ready for work and put a little bit of makeup on. That right there is a big win in my book!!! 

2.
Teaching this semester has started off great! Both classes are responding well to my dorkiness and I can occasionally get a laugh out of them. 

3. 
This little artist was recommended for a 10 week art program. It's only available to students who have been highly recommended by a teacher. They choose 8 from each elementary school and the narrow it down to four per school to attend. We discussed it and its only fitting for her to get involved. 

4. 
It's been super hot outside and add it the humidity and its just crazy sticky. I work in an office surrounded by crappy windows. By the end of the day it feels like I'm working in a sweat shop. I feel so disgusting but I'm not complaining because this little fan is my silver lining. It keeps me cool and breezy. 

5. Meagan learned a valuable lesson the other day. She has been through a lot and she is sometimes terrified that she is gonna get her butt whooped. It is what she is used too. This week we had a breakthrough and she realized that we aren't going to hurt her as a form of punishment. There are effective ways to discipline other than physical force. It really just takes some patience and understanding. 

Tomorrow the kids and I are going to head down south to watch my cousin renew her wedding vows. I can wait to get them dressed up and snazzy looking. Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment