Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LIttle bumps

This morning was a rough start. My curling iron decided to go kaput on me right after it singed some hair, thankfully i can't see where it happened at. This fiasco caused me to wake the kids up late. I was so panicked about waking them up that I just did super simple ponytails on both of them. I didn't want to chance my flat iron on their hair or wasting anymore time than what was needed. When I got the kids ready I realized that I hadn't made my lunch for the day. I didn't have to worry about making the kids lunch because they both forgot their lunchboxes at school so they are buying lunch today. When we make it to the bus stop Meagan looks up at me and says "I forgot my glasses." The bus was going to be there anytime, I was hoping that it was running on time which would give me roughly 5 minutes to get to the apt and back to the bus stop. I didn't want to take any chances, because the way I am I think of the worse case scenario. The bus comes, the girls freak out because I'm not back yet, and then the bus leaves without them on the bus. I made a mad sprint back to the apartment (while in a dress and high humidity) I grabbed the glasses and made it back to the bus stop in just enough time for the kids to give me a hug, kiss, I love you and head on the bus. I got the rest of my things and headed towards work, and I got stuck in traffic.  I crawled on the interstate.

I'm not going to let this determine the outcome of my day. It's going to be a great day. I'm going to make sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment