Friday, November 15, 2013

HIgh Five for Friday

I know I say this a lot, but this week has flown by. I don't even know where the time has gone for it to have moved so fast. 

I've been doing, as best as I can, 30 days of thankfulness, through my facebook. This week has given me so much to be thankful for. 

1.Over the weekend the girls had their friend Chloe spend the night. It was so cute listening to them giggle all through the night. Chloe even told me that my cooking was amazing. That was adorable. 

2.I ordered my wedding dress. It was a steal. Literally. It was originally $300 and it was on a final sale for $99 PLUS I had 10% off. I can't wait for it to come in. I can officially check that off my list (and I stayed UNDER budget.)

3. Almost a month to the day I had to put my CPR/First Aid training to work. Working on the corner office of a very busy downtown intersection allows me to watch a lot of crazy things happen. Tuesday was no exception to this. I was getting some work done so I could get my desk cleaned off when my officemate and I heard a lot of tires screeching, horns honking, and then a crash. I look back just in time to witness a horrible wreck happen. I had a quick second where I just paused and I don't think I flinched. It was one of those "Oh crap what just happened." 

Before I realized it, I was sprinting out the door screaming at people to call 911. There were people already taking care of the guys who were in the trucks, so I felt comfortable taking care of this girl who was struck by the trucks while crossing in the crosswalk. It was wrong place at the wrong time. I had to remember to take a couple of deep breathes to keep myself calm, if I was going to help someone else. I swallowed my nerves and continued to do what I had to do. 

The girl was in direct path of the vehicles, one of which the man who initially caused the wreck was seizing and had his foot stretched out on the gas peddle. My first reaction was to move her out of the way of oncoming traffic (we were still in the crosswalk) as well as the cars if they happened to get untangled. I have never seen a man in a full blown seizure and completely lifeless. It freaked me out. I could tell the the girl I was helping had a broken bone. There was instant swelling and she couldn't move her toes. I stayed with her and supported her back until EMS could help her. I helped her keep her composure so she wouldn't start to panic and make the situation worse. I called her husband and explained the situation. He was able to meet her before the ambulance swept her off to the hospital. 

I got an email from her the following day saying that she was doing well. She had to have a knee immobilizer put on. She is walking around with crutches to keep the weight off of her leg due to a fracture in her femur. She said that she goes to ortho next week to have more scans done to see if there was any further damage. 

4. Meagan got a good report from the eye doctor. She had to have a follow up to checkup on her lazy eye. The doctor is pleased with how it's strengthening her eye. 

5. My in-laws are coming today to spend the night. They haven't had the opportunity to see where we live before so it's really exciting to have them come to town. 

Have a great week ya'll!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment