Friday, November 1, 2013

High Five for Friday

What a day this is! What a day!!! AND it's before noon. This week has been a wee crazy in preparation for the kids first halloween in Louisville.

This High Five for Friday is going to be based on the fact that I'm running on pure adrenaline today.

An old friend of mine reconnected with me early in the week and it was a very pleasant text message. We used to work together and she ventured off into the entrepreneurial world. We keep in touch pretty much every couple of years, so it was really awesome to get a text from her.

Halloween night was a wash because of the weather. I couldn't wait for the kids to get home because Dustin had planned a night to make up for the fact that we couldn't go out trick or treating. I still had the kids get into their costumes and I did their makeup. The rest of the night I was banned from the kitchen since they were doing their super secret stuff.

Ok so I admit that I'm a crazy stepmom. It's part of who I am. But the kids were super cute rocking their costumes around the house. We had fun playing dress up and I had fun playing with makeup. It was funny watching them try to get all the make up off last night before bed. 







Part of the fun that Dustin had planned for us was to carve pumpkins. The weather by this time was beyond crappy. It was windy and very rainy. We had fun getting to each decorate our own punkin, and the other Dustin even came over for the fun too. We were all surprised that the candles stayed lit with all the wind. They were the punkins that wanted to light up halloween. 



 Ok now the really most amazing news of the week. It's my birthday today. The reason why I was banned from the kitchen last night was because my birthday brownies were being made. I wasn't allowed to help, at all. So before I left for work this morning I had to blow out my candles. Birthday brownies for breakfast are TOTALLY acceptable.
 The girls and Dustin have been unusually giddy all week. And this morning I found out why. After I blew out my candles I saw what they had been planning. Dustin and the kids proposed to me. Who needs coffee after that?!?!
Of course I said yes. I think it was more along the lines of "absolutely" but I don't really remember. I've been on cloud 9 since that point in time. I haven't gotten any work done and I have a feeling that is going to be the trend for the day. 
I hope everyone has a great Friday (I'm off to celebrate with my FIANCE-holy crap I just said that out loud!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment