Saturday, October 5, 2013

What do you say?

The kids have been here since te middle of august. They have heard from their mom twice. What is the real swift kick in the stomach for them is that they were supposed to go see her this weekend for their fall break. I contacted her a week ago just to let her know of the dates that kids would be out of school. This was also so that she could, if need be, get her act together and get a ride/money to meet us. She asked me if I could bring the kids to her. Here's where I got the "what did you just say" look as I was reading her text. 
First off this is not my place to take them to her. She lives two and a half hours away, and it states in the legal agreement that she has to provide 50% of the transportation. I told her that I couldn't take them all they way to her nor could I come and get them. Again it's not something that I can do legally right now. Another thing is that I don't get off for fall break. I still have to work. Monday thru Thursday I work both jobs, so I don't get home until 6. If I were to take the kids by myself I wouldn't be gettin home till after 12. 
When I told her that I couldn't bring them she got pissed off at me and told me to forget it. That was the last thing the kids heard from her. 
We waited all week to see if we got anything, and nothing. Not surprised. It finally got to the point where Tracey came home from school and said, "still nothing from mom?" 

Meagan and Dustin both tried to call her number and it has either been disconnected or they have blocked all of our numbers. 

It's frustrating because we have to stay positive for the kids but at the same time there is so much frustration that everyone is feeling because of what she is doing. Kids shouldn't have to go through the feelings of abandonment because that is what they feel right now. They have said that they think mom doesn't love them. It kills me on the inside because I'm the closest thing to a maternal figure that they have right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment