Saturday, October 12, 2013

busy week=lack of posting

Shoooo weee ya'll it's been insane this week. With fall officially here that means we are trying to get in the last moments of outdoor adventures. This week was nothing short of insane.
Monday I took the day off after our flood. We braved the mighty waters of salt river for the last time and made a day of canoeing. It was a great (extremely muddy) time and we all enjoyed some pizza afterwards. We had an amazing server who joked with the kids and even put them to work with brooms and scrubbies after Meagan spilled her orange soda, twice. It was humorous that she was willing to go above and beyond to make sure the kids were involved.
Tuesday I left work early for parent-teacher conferences. I was nervous. I haven't had to do a parent-teacher conference before and I have only been to their school once. My worries were easily calmed when I got there and I spoke to the teacher. Both girls are doing exceptionally well in school (proud parent moment) and both are going to be recommended for advanced placement testing. I got to see where they were academically and found tips and tricks to help them out to keep them engaged with class work.
Wednesday was pretty quiet. Just a typical school day and work day. It gave us an opportunity to get out and run to the grocery.
Thursday the other Dustin GRACIOUSLY agreed to come over before the sun was up. I had to be at work before 8 for a training. I can officially and PROUDLY say that I am now CPR, AED, First Aid, and Bloodbourne Pathogen certified for both adults and children.
Friday was another day of training. This was for under resourced students and how we can be more relatable to them.  It was informative but long.

I'm happy that today is Saturday and I can relax (a little bit). I dont think relaxing can really be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment