Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's oh so quiet...



Last night my step dad picked up the kids for what we thought was just going to be one night. But decided that since they were being good that they (my parents) would just go ahead and keep them all weekend. Because you know, that's what grandparents do.....

Since we have had the kids full time there are very few times where Dustin and I sit in the car and just stop for a microsecond at how quiet it is.

Here we are 24 hours sans kids and I have to admit I'm bored. It really is too quiet.  Dustin has been on vacation this week and today marked the last day. We got to do some things, just the two of us and it's been incredibly nice. Like last night, we went to walmart. We just walked around and looked at things in a casual manner. Today we slept in, and by sleeping in I mean 730-830. That's late for  either of us.

We both lounged around as we drank coffee since it was a crappy morning. Then we got ready and picked up my perscription from the store. I've never been to the gun range before, so we decided earlier in the week that we would go together. It was an experience. For only shooting a gun for MAYBE the fourth time ever, I didn't do horrible, but I'm not a marksman by any means. I definitely need to get more comfortable with shooting. I even broke my necklace that the kids and dustin bought for me two christmases ago. I had a hot shell fly down my hoodie and directly on to my skin. My finger got caught on my necklace and it just snapped off. I thought the pearl on it was lost forever. But I waited till we finished our rounds and did a strip show in the middle of the main floor. HA!

We came back and relaxed for awhile and ran to get pizza. I can't complain that it's been a nice and relaxing QUIET day, but I miss my kids right now. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment