Friday, October 18, 2013

Mid October high five for Friday

This week was another one of those weeks where you didn't know which way you were going at any point of the week. Monday night the television that I have had since I was a freshman in college (circa 2001/2002) went to the boob tube mansion in the sky. I admit I was a little heartbroken that this ridiculously heavy thing finally bit the dust. We allow the kids to watch 1 movie if they lay down at 8 or 2 episodes on netflix if it's after while they are falling asleep. Some of you are cringing that we let our kids watch tv before bed. This is what they are used to and it beats listening to them struggle falling asleep. 
Both of my classes think I have officially lost my dag gone mind. The end of the week resulted in setting up five different stations (creativity, math and logic, critical thinking, visual and spacial, and words). I can't tell you how many looks I got when I told them that part of their assignment was to color. This is all going to tie into the lecture I have for next week. I wanted them to experience both critical and creative thinking without having the stressors of using the book. 
The final product of my baby that I've been working on for the past two weeks! It's here! I am beyond excited. I got to work with a great team who helped me re-vamp a card for prospective students.
One of the best perks of being a parent, FREE pedicures. Ok so they aren't salon quality BUT I have been sporting neon orange and bring green toes all week. Yes I look ridiculous, yes the designs look insane, but my kiddo did my toes and how can you say no to a free pedicure, especially when she sat there for 20 minutes being still and quiet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment