Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sun poisoning

I've had it twice this summer. It's no joke!

The first time that I had it this summer was the day after Meagan's Friday Fun day. The following day we all got up before the sun and heading to Dustin's parents house for a "family" reunion. I use family very loosely because he doesn't really associate much with several members of his family. I love his mom and stepdad to death. We always trade recipes and share our "secrets" for cooking. At the cookout, since the weather was nice everyone was outside, it was incredibly hot and muggy. I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible, but with the heat it was practically impossible.

I was still burnt from the previous day so the heat just was awful to me. I made the best of an awkward position and just had fun with it. I did meet some family that Dustin does talk to and just enjoyed watching the kids run around. They couldn't stay awake for the entire trip.

We got to Danville, which is about 45 minutes from his mom's house, and we had stopped for a bathroom break. I had gotten some water to help re-hydrate me. I love ice cold water. We had gotten back on the road and didn't make it but a couple of blocks and I told Dustin that he needed to pull over. The worst possible feeling had come over me. I was about to vomit. I turned the palest white and just started sweating uncontrollably. Dustin found a place in a parking lot (right next to O'Charleys) and I bolted from the car. I could hear both kids asking why we were stopping then I heard Meagan from the backseat ask what was going on. Poor Tracey was trying to keep her occupied because she was wanting to see if I was ok. I was trying to keep my back turned so that they wouldn't see me hurl my cookies all over the parking lot. After several minutes, and becoming very weak I had to clean myself up. My shirt was soaked from the cold sweat and I am so thankful that my car always has some random article of clothing in there. I had to use it to clean myself up. Concrete+volatile vomit=SPLASH.

By this time I started crying because I was so embarassed. Did the kids just have to sit there in the car and watch me at my weakest moment? Did Dustin really just witness this? We got back on the road after about 15 minutes or so and I was able to calm down enough to fall asleep. In my haze I told Dustin that I would sleep on the couch that night. Of course I didn't really need to but I'm weird like that. I was just afraid that what I had was contagious and didn't want him getting or the kids getting sick. Even though we were in the car for 2 1/2 hours in a confined space. Weird I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment