Friday, July 26, 2013

Spinning top

 It feels like I'm standing still and everything is moving in hyper-speed around me. I've looked at the schools in our cluster, and once Dustin has the paperwork we can really push forward with getting the kids enrolled into a school up here. I think we have it narrowed down to the top three, so I'm hoping with any luck we will be able to get them enrolled into at least one of those three schools. All three have a uniform dress code which will be something different for them, but I think once they get used to it, they will love it. I love having uniforms. It's so uniform. Ha! Seriously though, it makes mornings so easy. You don't have to constantly wonder if this goes with this or should I wear this today, I am a HUGE advocate for uniforms in school systems.

Once we get everything official and finalized there will be so much that needs to happen before August 20th, which is the first day of school. We need to get of course, their school assignments, school supply shopping, uniform shopping, any doctors/dentists appointments that are required, make sure all of their immunizations are up to date, hair cuts (-this is a big one). Because of the hair fiasco back in May, I didn't get an opportunity to take the girls to get a cute summer hair cut. So I'm hoping that we are still lice free and we will be able to do that before school starts. They both look super cute when their hair is cut and shaped up nicely. I'm really looking forward to getting the kids ready for school in the mornings.

I'm excited to hopefully have them up here, but again, nothing is final until the paperwork is signed. Right now it is just a minute by minute basis. I'm hoping that within the next two weeks we can have more of a finalized answer about the immediate future of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment