Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's sometimes the littlest things that mean the most

The day that we took the kids home I received a text message from their mom. It really meant a lot to me and validated that I WAS in fact doing a fairly decent job with these kids.

They mean the world to me, and I never want to take the place of their real mom. I do however, want to give them experiences that they might not get when they are at home. I want them to have even just a taste of the upbringing that my mom and my grandma had given me growing up.

I know that they are loved, there is no question about that. I do want them to get a continuous sense of it, a feeling of safety and security. I want them to know that they are trusted and what they say means everything.

My wish for these kids is that these two girls fully understand how amazing and special that they are. If one were to spend just a few minutes with one or both girls, their smile is so infectious that it lights up the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment