Sunday, March 30, 2014

Will this ever get easier?

We are packing up the kids for a week so that they can spend some time with their mom. I've been on a laundry marathon to get all of their clothes that they can take with them packed. The kids are undoubtedly excited while Dustin and I are dreading this. We aren't keeping them from seeing her, we just know the conditions that they are going to be staying in.

One thing that we are also making sure of is that they aren't taking any nice things down there with them. No new clothes, no earrings, no nice shoes. All of that has to stay up here. Why? We don't trust the people that hang around their mom. You see when you are addicted you will go to any lengths to get the money for that next fix. Even if it means taking nice things from your own kids.....yes it's happened to our kids.

I'm having a hard time with all of this right now. I have a pit in my stomach, and I am dreading that phone call from her saying that she was able to get a car. When we get that call that means that it's time to pack up the car and head to the meeting point.

I'm going to make the best of the day and drink another cup of coffee and finish preparing. It's going to be a quiet week here. So I may be posting more than usual.....it's so I don't go crazy since I won't get to hear from my kids until the day we pick them up. I'm going to need some added strength this week and lots of sprinkled doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment