Monday, March 24, 2014

They need to have a manual for this

It seems like right now I can't do or say anything remotely right to please the kids these days. I'm sure it's due to a lack of ability to go out and play like they want to.

Between bouts of sickness, polar vortex 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, winter storms (speaking of those-when did they start getting names?) time outside has been very limited.

M especially has been very short with me. If I tell her no she gets mad or breaks down. T has been bossy more so than the pre-teen (premadonna) backtalk. We have been through fighting with each other over a belt, having MAJOR meltdowns because her hair wasn't the way she wanted it to lay. I was even thrown under the bus for disciplining and now I treat one better than the other.

I'm trying so hard to keep my cool and take a step back but sometimes it gets underneath my skin so bad.

I'm just feeling like the underdog right now in the mom world. I know what's wrong, but I can't rectify this problem. I can't force a person to step up and be the mom that she is supposed to be. I hate to say this but sometimes I wish she would just sign over her rights or OD. That way the kids would have some closure. But then would they be even more angry or would they pick up and move on?

They get so disappointed when they don't hear from her, and when they get in touch with her its an emotional rush and then a free fall to the bottom when she repeats. Not to mention the lies and the broken promises that are ongoing. I'm trying to stay positive and nurturing, but I really do just want to curl up in a corner some days and just cry.

I feel like they take turns and tag team each other on who's going to get yelled at when. Delana looks like she's had a bad day, smart off to her today and tomorrow I won't listen worth a damn.

They are "supposed" to go down to her house for spring break, but they haven't spoken to her in two weeks. I guess we will have to make alternate plans, just in case she doesn't doesn't follow through, which is quite likely. I'm thinking I might take a day or two off so they aren't stuck at home with a babysitter all week.




No comments:

Post a Comment