Friday, March 21, 2014

Fabulous Friday

Yesterday marked the first day of spring. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm excited that the calendar says that we are one step closer to saying good-bye to the cold, snow, blah days.....now if Mother Nature would take her midol and get on board things will be a wonderful utopia.

Last Saturday was pretty fabulous. It was sunny and 78 and made for a perfect day to get outdoors and procrastinate on any kind of household chores. I took advantage of the day and the fact that Dustin and the kids had taken a mini-vacation to Somerset for the weekend and had some mom/daughter time with Maddie. Yes, she is my child (especially when she gets in trouble....funny how that works.) Since the weather was pretty superb we heading to the walking trail and walked four miles.

Maddie walking like a big girl in her harness.
One tired pup after four miles of walking. She was begging me to stop walking. 
This week has been a fun week at the kids school with them fundraising for the Crusade for Children. Each day they have been able to bring in donations and either have gotten to wear a non-uniform shirt, dress down, etc. Yesterday was wear a hat to school day. Both girls got to pick out a hat that they liked and really were excited to be able to wear it to school. They even had to get Maddie involved before we left. 

Last night I forgot to turn our heat back on. It got warm enough outside yesterday that I kicked the heater off while the kids were running around and I was prepping dinner. Since it dropped down into the 40's last night and I made the mistake of not turning the heat back on I was cold. Normally Dustin doesn't let me cuddle with him for more than five minutes because he gets too hot. Well at some point I nuzzled next to him so I could get warm. I didn't hear him get up this morning for work and started to cuddle next to him again. To my sleepy surprise he wasn't there. I put my arm across the body laying next to me and it definitely was NOT Dustin. I sleep with my phone next to my head so I can hear my alarm so I grabbed it and flipped on the light. This is the face that I woke up to this morning. Adorable yes, but definitely NOT the face I was expecting.

 We have a local place that serves the best fried fish I think I have ever had. I don't think I have eaten anything bad there. It's one of those places that is a guilty pleasure and you can't eat there but a couple of times a year because it's fried food and you don't want to eat a lot of that. I hadn't been in a couple of years, but last Saturday my stepdaddy took me out to lunch. I was amazed at the gorgeous wood sculptures that have taken residence there. I love ornate stuff like this and it's so organic and just amazing. 


I dont think we have much on tap as far as plans go for this weekend. I'm hoping that we can catch up on some sleep and enjoy some time together. We are finally getting rid of the sickness and everyone is on the mend so we should be able to get out and actually enjoy some time away from the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment