Friday, March 28, 2014

Battle in the bluegrass-Friday edition

Smell that?
That right there is March Madness in it's finest most exhilarating monumental match-ups in the state.

Today the University of Louisville is matched up against the University of Kentucky once again in the road to the final four. Today is the day where families and friends for one day become disgusted with each other, officemates trash talk all day at work, and the world only sees blue and red.

This week hasn't been a bad week, I'm just really super happy that it's the weekend.

Let's see if I can re-cap the events of the week......
The kids started girl scouts last friday and tomorrow they will be going on their first gs outing. They get to get involved and Dustin and I will have a couple of hours of "our time."

Monday I had a brilliant idea to get Meagan involved in my workouts. I'm not sure if that was a brilliant idea after not being able to walk without a waddle for most of the week. She loves it though. We go to the loop about 2 miles from our house and walk on the path. Every quarter mile (they are marked with posts) she tells me what to do which is included in the walk. For example, she told me to do 35 jumping jacks. NO PROBLEM I said, 45 toe touches SURE! 20 push-ups..................................................She is really excited about getting to work out with me. I hate the soreness that accompanies it right now, but she gets a kick out of it.

Another win for the week is that I started jogging. If there was an award for worlds slowest jogger I would be a top recipient. I think there are grannies in south Florida who power walk faster than I jog. I'm doing it though and maybe one of these years I'll actually be able to run a quarter of a mile.

It's been pretty quiet here otherwise. I hope you all have a great week and I'll check back in next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment