Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013




This has been a momentous year to say the least.


I just wanted to take a few minutes out of my day to write a note about the end of 2013 and before welcoming the new year in.




I made some really awesome friends at work who make each day bearable.
Tracey has a piece of artwork which will be going on to a state level competition.

 The following are just some pictures that capture how amazing this year has been.

 From the kids sleepovers, to Dustin and I taking a trip by ourselves, my mum getting her LLC.





I learned the dirty bits about motherhood. I also learned what an infestation of lice can look like.
 NEVER AGAIN. 

The kids tried ribs for the first time and loved them.

We experienced Holiday World for the first time...together....as a family.
The kids went bowling for the first time. 


I went canoeing for the first time and now will be getting my very own kayak. I can't wait! A few months later the kids went on their first trip in a canoe. It was a successful trip for them as well. I can't wait to spend a lot of time on the water next summer.



The kids moved to Louisville and started school. I cannot tell you in words how this has been the crowning moment for me. Everything that we worked for has finally happened. We went from part time parents, to a full time family. We still have our bumps and little hiccups, but I now know that this is what I was meant to be....a mom. 
I'm never going to be a perfect parent, that doesn't exist. No matter how much I would love to think that someone out there is the epitome of parenthood, there are no handbooks, no scripts, just taking each day one minute at a time. 


The kids got to  carve their first pumpkins in lieu of trick or treating because the weather was very uncooperative. 

 
2013 has definitely been a year to remember. It has also been a year of firsts. All of these have been adventures in my book.
 I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for my family and me. 
We will be starting the year out in a new home, hoping to adopt a new member to our family, new job prospects, a wedding, and whatever else happens to come our way. 
I'm super excited to finally have happiness and pure bliss. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve today. Please be safe out there tonight. If you're going to be drinking, please have a designated driver. Give someone your keys or call a cab. Much love to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment