Saturday, December 28, 2013

Boxes, boxes everywhere

One more week. One week. I can make it. Trying to pack up an apartment with OCD and kids is NOT cohesive.

In my perfect world I would have started the packing process a month ago where I could create master lists for each box and label and indicate which room should have what box. But with kids right after the holidays it's more along the lines of how much stuff can you pack up on your own.

We have made it to the one week point which means that we are now in the switch over phase with the kitchen stuffs. Meaning all the normal plates and glasses that we use on a daily basis will now be packed into a box and we will use throw a way stuff.

We've been in the process of making lists of everything that we need to get done, what we need to have transferred over to the new address, what we need to clean, and who can help. To say that I'm stressing out a little bit of an understatement. For every one thing that I think of that needs to get done I then think of three other things that needs to be added to the list.

Since the kids are on break, that means that they are around each other ALL THE TIME. That also means that the attitudes and the energy levels are at an all time high. Everyday there is something that they are not happy about, Tracey said I looked like a mop, Meagan won't quit bugging me.....

I think I am going to hit up pintrest for some simple ideas to help keep them occupied while I get the rest of the apartment packed up.If you have some creative and SIMPLE ideas for 8/10 year olds, please pass along the wealth of knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment