Friday, June 7, 2013

Here we are another summer full of adventures and the unknown. I have to apologize for not keeping up with this blog. I need to make it at least a weekly thing, as my life is nothing short of a circus as I'm learning new things. 

This year as months in the past, was nothing short of a mommy meltdown. The came "home" about two weeks ago and when they arrived both kids were covered in lice. Now I don't know about how many of you psuedo-stepmoms out there are overwhelmed with things, but I have OCD and I'm very much a neat freak. I know this and each day I'm learning to let things go.....it's a process, I'm learning. Well....back to the chaos of their arrival. The kids were dressed in dirty clothes and appeared to not have bathed in a few days. They also smelled like dirty kids who haven't washed in a few days. First, off my initial thought was ewwwwwwwww. But then their dad sowed me their shoes. They were falling apart on both of them. Quick trip to the store to grab a few necessities and shoes that fit. Then while we were on our way the bomb was dropped. They had lice. I'm not talking just a few buggies here and there, it was a God damned infestation. There were nits and live bugs and crawling bugs and they were everywhere!!!!! I cringed as I write this. It still gives me the heebs talking about it. As their dad and I sat up till midnight searching through their hair, we found so many bugs and nits. They each had scabs from the lice. That sent my OCD into overdrive! I started laundry that night. I couldn't get their clothes into the washer fast enough. 

I didn't have a washer big enough. I wanted to just start soaking everything in bleach, but that wasn't realistic. So for the next week my life was consumed with cleaning. It was more like a woman on a mission. If I had pin-sol I would have been like my mother and washing the walls. I would wake up at 530 strip my bed, get myself together, wake the kids up strip both beds, wash a load before I left for work. Then I'd come home on lunch switch out laundry and throw towels in the wash, when I got home I'd clean the kitchen till you could eat off the floor, wash everyone's clothes from the day and vacuum. I was insane!!!!! 

I know many of you in the interwebs are thinking, "Just let it go" but I can't. I felt, and still feel dirty. We have finally gotten the situation under control and now have two kids who have lice free hair. 

So I'm going to end this post for now, but I'll be back when I talk about the week where I had a kid not eat. Mega freak out. Till then.....stay cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment