Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sum Sum Summer Time

Fun day Friday with Meagan was perfect. I had planned a day that was suited towards her. Full of running and plenty of pool time. I had to work till 11 before our adventure could really take off, but the whole day was buzzing with excitement. Meagan was awake and ready to go before I had even gotten out of bed. Tracey and Dustin were going to go to their dad/daughter day at the pond to get some fishing in. As I was getting ready Meagan curled up in Dustin and my bed and I kept her on clock watch. Every couple of minutes I had her do a time check to keep her awake.

After we got ourselves all the way ready for work we made our lunch for our picnic. The weather was going to be hot so I made sure to pack some heat friendly lunches. We did a run through of our backpack items to make sure that we had everything. We were out of the house on our way before it was time to go to work so that gave us some additional time to enjoy breakfast.

While I got some work done, Meagan associated with my coworkers. She laughed and drew everyone pictures so we all have more artwork to go with the pictures that Tracey had done for us the week before. When it was time Meagan and I packed up and headed out the door. Our first stop was the library. Both girls are participating in the summer reading program and Meagan wanted to exchange books out for new ones. She was looking for a particular book and we had 2 people helping us look for it. When we found it she was so excited. She was walking out with a proud strut down the street.

It was lunchtime, so we headed to the park and found a nice spot under a tree to enjoy our picnic. The park was buzzing with people and summer groups at the Waterfront. People watching at its finest. Meagan had questions about some of the people around. Why were they acting a certain way, why were they yelling, why were they homeless. Very inquisitive.

After lunch, we gathered our things and headed to the splash park which was just a few feet from where we had eaten lunch. The smell of chlorine filled the air and kids screaming with excitement as the cool water splashed their hot skin. I had to take a deep breathe, because as someone who before meeting Dustin had no real experience with kids, this was previously my hell.

Meagan was like Superman changing out of her clothes and was ready to run and splash. At first I was apprehensive about getting in the water myself. I'm 30 and not skinny by any means. Wet clothes would not be an attractive sight for the other parents and kids. However, my inhibitions were out the door when I got wet and i saw the joy that it brought to Meagan's face. We goofed off in the splash park for about 45 minutes before it was getting too busy for my liking. We packed up and headed to a more open grassy area. We kicked the soccer ball and ran around for a little bit while we dried off. Then we laid a blanket out and cloud watched for a few minutes. It was perfect to just take a minute to breathe with my little one.

We headed to the house and I got changed out of my wet clothes and into a bathing suit so we could head to the pool. We swam for 3.5 hours straight. Without even blinking an eye. Meagan is definitely my little guppy. She loves the water for sure. Around 4 we had to leave the pool. It was getting cloudy but we also had to get cleaned up for dinner. We were meeting my parents out for steak, as it is one of the meals that the kids ask for ALL the time.

Both kids ate exceptionally well. I always love when they eat a lot and get full. My mom had brought some outfits for the kids that she had bought them so after dinner the kids were eager to try on their new clothes. They gave Dustin and I one of the best fashion shows I think I have ever seen.

Bedtime was easy that day. Both girls fell asleep quickly. We usually let them watch one movie as they are falling asleep, and that night neither one made it through the opening credits. I can't express how much happiness these girls bring me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment