Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Making lifestyle changes

When I first started this journey in December I didn't know what to expect. I was dedicating a lot of time to working out in a gym. It definitely scared me


***Backtrack*** anyone who knows me knows that I've been terrified of the gym. I have this preconceived notion that everyone is there and staring at my horrible form, my rolls jiggling, and noticing my sweat stains. It doesn't help that there was a jackass egotistical male trainer who made me feel like the chewed up gum coming out of my dogs asshole. I'm not saying all trainers are like that, but you don't tell someone that their goals are not realistic unless you are willing to pay $500 a month.

Anyways back to present day. I constantly ask Dustin if it's ok if I do go to the gym. I'm not asking permission to go, I'm basically just making sure that my gym time isn't interfering with family time. There have been days where I skip the gym because 1)my body is completely worn out and I just need that extra hour of sleep 2) the temperamental weather 3)kids. I try to keep consistent with getting up and going to the gym. I had to keep telling myself that it takes 21 days to make a habit. I'm pretty sure that the newly formed calluses on my hands are a good indication that I made the right choice.

One of the biggest changes that I am noticing is that I'm not craving sweet stuff nearly as bad as I used to. Instead it's more salty type things. I don't add salt to anything. I never really have, but that's another story. There was one morning where I came in from working out and instead of going for cereal I wanted tater tots. They were the best tater tots ever. I never fry any of my food so I threw the remaining tater tots that were in the freezer onto a cookie sheet and waited for them to bake to a nice crispy golden brown. Oh it was perfect.

Another thing that I notice about working out so early in the mornings is that I am able to fall asleep at a normalish hour. Of course I'm also still having to take 5 mg of Ambien to accompany me so that I stay asleep but I'm falling asleep easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment