Monday, March 2, 2015

Game of life....

It's been quite a bit of time since I last updated this thing.  Sorry y'all. Life took precedence and I was off doing the "mom" thing.

June was the last real post that I did and shit has really upped its ante since then. Lets see, we finished up summer by going on a nice week and a half long vacation. It was fabulous. We spent every day on the lake soaking up sun, fishing, kayaking, and just making a ton of memories.

August came and we were in full swing with school starting. That was a different kind of mountain to climb. This was the first year that the kids were going to be on a different bus and different schedules. Tracey now had to adjust to getting up at 530 so that she could be on the bus by 630. Meagan got to be the lazy bird and sleep till 730.

Tracey tried cheerleading for a little bit of time and it wasn't her cup of tea. I'm still proud of her though for giving it a shot. Little Meagan tried out for cross country and is a beast when it comes to running. I feel like I should be quoting Forrest Gump. Her legs just keep on running.

October I said "hell yea" to Dustin as we had our super small incredible awesome wedding. Ya'll the day was absolutely everything that I wanted it to be. We had less than 20 people, I cooked all the food, the rain stopped just before the ceremony, and everyone had a great time.

November/December was busy with the holidays. The kids went to their biomom's for thanksgiving which really sucked. My family was out of town and Dustin's family lives 2.5 hours away so we stayed in and kept things really low key. We had steak for our Thanksgiving day meal and celebrated with a turkey when they made it home that following sunday. We let them go to their moms for 5 days-FIVE-and they come back with lice. My nemesis. I cringed still to this day when one of them even slightly scratches their head. It makes me want to scratch just thinking about it. Ugh nasty nasty things. Christmas came and went just as fast as December. We were all super busy with work, family things, this that and everything else.

January is the butt of winter in my book and around the point when the kids ALL start to go stir crazy because they can't get outside to expel some of their energy. C'mon spring I know you have it in you to make an appearance.

February brought my annual bronchitis which caused me to be out of the gym for a week. Oh! That reminds me I'm working out again. I'm waking up at 430 and in the gym by 5. I'm done before anyone really wakes up. It's really weird still to this day to be in the gym so much. I still have the guilt that I'm taking away from my family, but then I remind myself WHY I'm doing this.

So there ya go, my life since June. I'm going to "TRY" again to maintain this more frequently, but I cannot make promises because I know it won't happen.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment