Monday, March 16, 2015

I really hate my alarm sometimes

4:30 am

That's what time my alarm goes off. I'm not a fan.

I'm not a morning person. I don't enjoy getting up and leaving the comforts of my bed. I do it though. Why? Because I have a goal. I'm seeing small progress. Small progress is no progress right? I'm learning re-learning things about myself that I had forgotten I could do.
1. I get excited when I have to raise my weight limit. Ya'll I'm starting from scratch. I retired from roller derby four years ago. Stopped everything. Being active, moving all the time. That took a toll on my muscles. I have HAD zero muscle. And I'm sure that my upper body was in the negative.

2. I like to try new-ish things. I say "ish" because some of ya'll out there probably have done this kind of stuff for ions. Squats.......I have a love hate relationship with them. Sumo squats same thing. WEIGHTED sumo squats....I get a rush from them. Why is that? Becuase I'm a BAMF. HA. Seriously though it's an adrenaline rush for me to push myself. I look like a complete dipwad while doing them (alone & staring in the mirror) but I do them and I feel like a superhero while doing them.

3. I love weights more than I do cardio. I enjoy the elliptical machine and I can go for long distances on it. However, because it's not weight bearing when I go to the tredmill it is a COMPLETELY different story. I feel like I want to DIE! I'm fine once my 30 minutes or so are up and I can move on to weights. Again I feel like a BAMF

4. I tell myself every morning that I wake up and go to the gym that I am a BAMF. It's my go-go juice to get me pumped on my drive to the gym. I'm not one of those crazed gym rats that grunts and flexes in the mirror, I do however look at myself in the mirror and I think "Holy mother of all that's holy, I've got my derby butt back!


No comments:

Post a Comment