Friday, January 17, 2014

That's why they call it puppy love.

You all should know by now that my life is less than normal in the sense that there is never a quiet moment in my life.

 We've moved into our home and are now settling in quite nicely, if I do say so myself. The kiddos are making friends with the neighborhood kids and our "nosey" neighbors aren't as nosey as we thought they were. More like friendly observers to make sure the riff raff stays away. I can handle that.

Last week we made an addition to our family. No I'm not expecting, but we did adopt. A PUPPY!  Well...he's not so much a puppy.

We met him the week before Christmas and it was instant love with everyone in our family. He was big and excited and ever so sweet. When we stopped to see him we were still in the apartment so there was absolutely no way we could have taken him home with us THAT day, but I made a deal with him right before we left. I leaned over to his kennel and said, "if you act like a jackass for the next two weeks, I will promise you that you will have your forever home with us."

Guess what that dingbat did.....

He was an idiot. He learned how to turn doorknobs and get out of his kennel.

But the day arrived. We call it his "gotcha" day. Who is this guy?

Let me introduce you to Duke.

He's a 1 1/2 year old German Shepard/Yellow Lab mix. He's such a sweet boy and is super smart.


The day that we brought him home we took him to the backyard and he sprinted laps for a good 15 minutes without stopping.

He greets everyone with kisses and hugs everyday and loves to have his butt scratched. Every morning he will jump into my bed and curl up at my feet until it's time to get up and get the kids ready.


I can't wait until it's warmer so that we can really get out and get long walks in.


No comments:

Post a Comment