Saturday, January 25, 2014

Polar vortex 2.0

I HATE WINTER
I LOATHE WINTER

The news stations have been counting down to the first day of spring......54 days and counting. I seriously hope that spring decides to come early and not dilly dally until middle of April.

The kids this week have either A) been out of school for crappy road conditions or B) on a two hour delay because of this lovely weather that we are having.

Plus we woke up to MORE snow this morning; I'm not a fan. Not at all. I'm not cut out for cold temps. I'm not cut out for snow. I just need to move to the tropics, open up a tiki hut and sell coconuts for a living.

With all of these days off and delays my vacation time is slowly eating away. I'm very particular about how much time I keep in my vacation bank. This week has taken around 3 days out of that. Granted I still have over a week of time, its not to the point where I'm comfortable having it at this point in the year.

C'mon mother nature, work with me here.

Monday we had to return Duke back to the Humane Society because we was aggressive and snapped at T. Not hard enough to break skin, but it was enough to scare us. He was a BIG dog and with having so many kids running around, we didn't want to take the liability of having him snap again if they were playing with his rope or he was chewing on his bone and decided to take a lunge at someone. He was a German Shepherd and lab mix, so he had a lot of protective instincts.

I admit it really upset me that we had to take him back. But I have to think of my kids first. We've been looking at a new fur baby and we have a couple of prospective pups that we are going back to look at today. Who knows I may have some news to share later this afternoon. I just hope this one works out for us if we do find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment