Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's the little things.

Work has been rough lately. It's been bringing me down, but today was different.

My kids are out of school again. THANK YOU MOTHER FREAKIN' NATURE! I unfortunately couldn't take off and wasn't off all day, so I left my kids at the house. We have a family friend, who is more like a relative, who works with the secondary schools and the girls just love him to bits. As I was leaving this morning to make the trek across the ice covered roads, the kids were calling Don to see what his plans were for the day. When the three of them are all out of school they tend to go on "adventures." Some how Don can make running errands the best darn time of your life. He's just cool like that. They've been to the Patton Museum and have ran all over Louisville. They get lunch and and of course spoils them like grandkids. They talk for days about how much fun they have.

Today was like all their other adventures, except....today they made a special visit. They won't realize how this visit put a smile on my face when I really needed one, but I haven't stopped since.

I'm sitting here working and I hear a squeaky, "hey." I look up and there are these two heads giggling while looking into my office. Man I needed to see those faces. They had been out and running around at Chuck E Cheese's and made a pit stop at my office. Before they left they each gave me a hug and a kiss and an I love you.

They didn't stay long, but that didn't matter. It was the fact that they stopped during their adventure and saw me.


No comments:

Post a Comment